Brig. Gen. Chip Diehl retired from the Air Force in 2005 after nearly 30 years of service to his nation.
Most recently, General Diehl served as Deputy Director of Engagement, Plans and Policy Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida. As Deputy Director, General Diehl was responsible for building and maintaining military-to-military bilateral relationships with 22 countries in the command’s area of responsibility. Additionally, he was responsible for the guidance and sustainment of more than 70 Coalition nations supporting the United States in fighting the global war on terrorism.
General Diehl received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1975. A command pilot with more than 4,000 flying hours in the C-130, KC-135 and C-141, he commanded the 6th Air Mobility Wing at MacDill AFB, and the 62nd Airlift Wing at McChord AFB, Washington.
Early in his career, he served as the operations and staff officer for Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, the Joint Staff and Air Staff. General Diehl also served as the Air Force Director of Marketing, Chief of the Mobility Forces Division, and as Executive Officer to the Air Force Vice Chief of Staff.
General Diehl is married to his loving wife of 32 years, Mary Lou. They have three wonderful sons, Justin, a C-130J Pilot in the Air Force at Little Rock AFB, Arkansas, Brandon and Cameron who both live in Tampa.
1975 Bachelor of science degree in math, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1982 Master of science degree in systems management, University of Southern California
1991 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, Baltimore, Md.
2000 National and International Security Management Course, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
- Life Member – US Air Force Association
- Life Member – Order of Daedalians
- Board of Directors – INTERCOM Federal and Consulting Systems – Washington DC
- Board of Directors – Patel Global Foundation for Global Understanding – Tampa
- Board of Directors – Africa-USA Education Foundation - Tampa
- Board of Directors – Sales & Marketing Executives International (SMEI) – Tampa Bay
- General Officer Advisory Board – Performance Military Group (PMG) - Chicago
- Advisor to Board of Directors – Gemini Air Cargo – Washington DC
- Committee on Foreign Relations – Tampa Bay